Thursday, February 2, 2012

water babies

I love astrology.  I can thank my mom for sparking that interest.  Even both of my redneck brothers buy into their signs and what all they mean - I love it.  Nothing funnier than a brother decked out in camouflage throwing a dead deer into the back of his truck while asking 'so am I fighting with this person a lot because our signs aren't compatible?'

I'm a Sagittarius.  I come from a family of 5 people...4 are fire signs.  1 Leo, 3 Sagittarius.  The baby brother is a Capricorn, an earth sign.  And he thinks the rest of us are crazy.

So I ended up marrying a Cancer...a crab.  The archer and the crab.  It's been interesting; Cancer is a water sign.  Water puts out fire.  But most of the time that can be a good thing - I tend to get a little out of control with my temper and blow everything out of proportion, then here comes Michael and quickly puts out that roaring fire. 

Morgan is a Pisces, another water sign.  And now Deuce (baby #2) is going to be a Cancer. 

I'm going to be surrounded by water people?!  2 crabs and a fish baby!  TOO much water to put out my fire isn't a good thing.  My fire makes me who I am. 

Whenever I talk about any of this with Michael, he rolls his eyes.  It's like I just told him I saw a unicorn run through the back yard. 

I can't help it, it's fascinating.

We were watching some special about the universe yesterday, and when they started talking about Jupiter I said 'hey!  that's my ruling planet!  know what yours is?  THE MOON!!  HAHAHAHA' 

Once again I got 'the look' from him.  Like I told him I believe in Big Foot.

He's very rational about everything in life.  That's actually part of being a Cancer.  They are very grounded, they love being at home, they are close to their families.  Sagittarius are feisty, dreamy, want to roam the earth, and get excited about everything.  And we want to learn everything.  I want to learn Irish dancing.  My mom wants to learn how to hunt with a falcon.  My brother (not the Capricorn brother, the Sag brother) wants to learn blacksmithing.

Last year when the experts threatened to mess with the zodiac chart, my mom called me with a 'HAHAHAHAHA you're not a Sag anymore!!  you're the Ophiuchus!' and I was like 'WHAAT!!!' I mean thank God I never got the archer symbol tattooed on my cheek or anything.  I was as devastated as they day the experts claimed Pluto was no longer a planet (Pluto will ALWAYS be a planet to me).  My BFF was like 'wooo zodiac moving party!  bring chips and dip!' and even my anti-astrology husband was like 'I'm not sharing my sign with these new people!  they are nothing like me!'  Then it came out that there's a whole different zodiac in the other hemisphere (um, the one we don't live in) and it's all good.

Astrology is awesome.  I know a lot of people don't buy into it, but it's been around for thousands of years. 

Don't mess with my sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment