Saturday, August 3, 2013

Cardboard crafts

I love artsy fartsy stuff. I love to paint, crochet, work with fabric. I have a strange obsession with buttons. It appears that my daughter has inherited my love of all things crafty. For days she's been talking about some YouTube video she watched about a Lalaloopsy house made out of a box and has been begging for a box. Today while Jack took a nap, Morgan and I took the craft project of cardboard dollhouse making. It was fun! We only had about 2 hours to cut, paint, and decorate so it's not as detailed as I would like, and if I were to make another one I would make sure the second floor was a bit more sturdy. The floor in this one leans forward a bit which makes the furniture slide off during playtime. I used a hot glue gun, box cutter, acrylic paint, sharpie markers, and fabric scraps. 





I wanted to cut out windows and doors but Morgan said no. This is exactly how she wanted it. She helped me paint everything, she told me where to put things. She's using some of her dollhouse furniture and random small toys. 

And she has played with this for hours, more than her 'real' dollhouses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment