Saturday, August 17, 2013

Easy chicken pot pie for non cookers like myself

It's no secret that I don't cook much. I don't really enjoy it. When I'm hungry I don't feel like prepping and mixing and cutting and then waiting. I prefer easy meals like salads, cheese and fruit, Red Bull, etc. But apparently I'm supposed to feed my family, so I clear off my brand new stove and fire it up every now and then. I have 2 small impatient children that don't acknowledge my existence until I try to do something other than try to keep them entertained, so I highly appreciate easy meals that are hopefully somewhat healthy and hearty. One of my husband's favorite meals is a chicken pot pie recipe shared by a friend a few years ago that I have modified a bit. So I want to share with all other moms (and dads) that need an easy tasty family meal. 

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

You need:
1 can Veg All (I use the Kroger brand) - it has carrots, potatoes, green beans, corn, lima beans, and celery. 
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of potato
2 cans organic white chicken OR rotisserie chicken pieces OR leftover thanksgiving turkey
1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
2 frozen ready to bake pie crusts

Directions:
Oven - bake 375
In bowl mix all ingredients (other than pie crusts, hopefully that's obvious)
Place one pie crust in baking dish, pour mixture into pie crust, place other pie crust on top, use fork to make vent holes. Place in oven and bake for 55-60 minutes. 


Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl


Place one pie crust into baking dish (I use fiesta baking dishes and love them!)


Pour mixture into pie crust 


Place other pie crust on top, use fork to make vent holes in whatever pattern amuses you. 


Fresh out of the oven


NOM!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment