Recently I ran across something on social media; something called 'The Key Jar.' I opened it and skimmed it. I would post the link but now I can't find it. Just google 'the key jar 48 questions' and do your own digging. I think you're supposed to pull one question out of the jar daily to ask your child/children, but I decided to hit my 6 year old daughter with all of them at once. Here are the questions with 6 year old answers:
1. What was your first thought when you woke up today?
A: I thought I had to go to school and then I remembered it's Saturday.
2. What are you most afraid of?
A: falling into lava
3. What do you want to accomplish by your next birthday?
A: Mine Craft
4. If you could be famous for one thing what would it be?
A: making the world's largest pizza
5. What's your favorite word right now?
A: Doink. That's what daddy calls me.
6. What do you love about yourself?
A: my heart
7. What's something that is hard for you?
A: Standing on one foot. Seriously, watch me [gives dramatic demonstration]
8. Describe your perfect day:
A: Laying on the couch playing Mine Craft all day.
9. Who in your class is lonely?
10. Who in your class is a leader?
A: Ruby and Meghan
11. When is it hard being a friend?
A: when kids are mean
12. Who is somebody you'd like to be friends with who isn't yet your friend?
A: Aurora (as in Sleeping Beauty)
13. If you could switch places with one friend for a day, who would it be?
14. How were you helper today?
A: I put makeup on my brother.
15. What's the smartest thing you heard somebody say today?
A: Don't hit anybody with a bat.
16. Who in your class makes you smile?
A: Anybody funny
17. What's the best thing about living here?
A: my friends
18. How can you change the world?
A By taking over the world.
19. What's the biggest challenge facing our world today?
A: Being a kid in other countries. I don't think they have pizza. Or Mine Craft.
20. If somebody from another planet came to Earth, what would he or she think of our world?
A: It's dirty [school recently had Earth Day activities]
21. What is something you use every day that you don't need?
A: my iPod
22. What would be the hardest thing about being blind?
A: Not being able to see!!! DUH!
23. If you could give everybody in the world one piece of advice, what would you say?
A: I would show them the best way to eat pizza.
24. If you could time travel, where would you go? What would you change?
A: I would go back to the dinosaurs and tell them they are all going to die.
25. What is something you know how to do that you could teach others?
A: Teach grownups how to play hide and seek; you guys are terrible at it.
26. What will you be doing in 10 years?
A: Drinking coffee
27. What's the most important decision you will have to make in your life?
A: Where to live; there's so many houses.
28. If you could only eat one food for an entire year, what would you choose?
29. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
30. What is the best thing that's ever happened to you? What is the worst?
A: The best is being a sister. The worst is having to pee so bad when I get off the bus because I don't pee at school! The bathrooms are disgusting! Nobody flushes!
31. If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
A: Having a mine for diamonds and gold, to go to Disney, and that nobody ever gets sick
32. What are you the most proud of?
A: being friendly
33. Who in your class seems sad?
A: [not sharing her answer]
34. Who do you admire? Why?
A: Meghan, because she's always so good.
35. What is something you've always wanted to ask me?
A: about true love
36. If you could switch places with one family member for a day who would it be?
A: Jack [2 year old brother]
37. What are the 3 most important qualities in a friend?
A: nice, funny, playful
38. What's the funniest thing somebody did or said today?
A: A girl at t-ball gave me a rock from her pocket.
39. Besides your teacher, who is somebody in class you could learn from?
40. Who in your class is special?
A: Max [her crush]
41. What is the most important job in the world?
A: daddy's job
42. If you could create one law that everybody on Earth had to follow, what would it be?
A: have more fun
43. If you could go anywhere in the world to complete a good deed where would you go and what would you do?
A: everywhere, to clean up the trash
44. What will the world be like in 10 years? What would be the same? What would be different?
A: I have no idea; I'm just a kid.
45. Is it possible to help somebody you've never met?
A: yes, I give my dollars to church
46. If you could live in another country for 1 years, where would you live?
A: paradise; somewhere hot with a beach
47. Is it better to have too much of something or not enough of something?
A: seriously mom?
48: Who is the most important person in the world?
A: my mommy!!