Tuesday, April 28, 2015

The Key Jar: 48 Questions To Ask Your Child

Recently I ran across something on social media; something called 'The Key Jar.'  I opened it and skimmed it.  I would post the link but now I can't find it.  Just google 'the key jar 48 questions' and do your own digging.  I think you're supposed to pull one question out of the jar daily to ask your child/children, but I decided to hit my 6 year old daughter with all of them at once.  Here are the questions with 6 year old answers:

1.  What was your first thought when you woke up today?
A:  I thought I had to go to school and then I remembered it's Saturday.

2.  What are you most afraid of?
A:  falling into lava

3.  What do you want to accomplish by your next birthday?
A:  Mine Craft

4.  If you could be famous for one thing what would it be?
A:  making the world's largest pizza

5.  What's your favorite word right now?
A:  Doink.  That's what daddy calls me.

6.  What do you love about yourself?
A:  my heart

7.  What's something that is hard for you?
A:  Standing on one foot.  Seriously, watch me [gives dramatic demonstration]

8.  Describe your perfect day:
A:  Laying on the couch playing Mine Craft all day.

9.  Who in your class is lonely?
A:  nobody

10.  Who in your class is a leader?
A:  Ruby and Meghan

11.  When is it hard being a friend?
A:  when kids are mean

12.  Who is somebody you'd like to be friends with who isn't yet your friend?
A:  Aurora (as in Sleeping Beauty)

13.  If you could switch places with one friend for a day, who would it be?
A:  Meghan

14.  How were you helper today?
A:  I put makeup on my brother.

15.  What's the smartest thing you heard somebody say today?
A:  Don't hit anybody with a bat.

16.  Who in your class makes you smile?
A:  Anybody funny

17.  What's the best thing about living here?
A:  my friends

18.  How can you change the world?
A  By taking over the world.

19.  What's the biggest challenge facing our world today?
A:  Being a kid in other countries.  I don't think they have pizza.  Or Mine Craft.

20.  If somebody from another planet came to Earth, what would he or she think of our world?
A:  It's dirty [school recently had Earth Day activities]

21.  What is something you use every day that you don't need?
A:  my iPod

22.  What would be the hardest thing about being blind?
A:  Not being able to see!!!  DUH!

23.  If you could give everybody in the world one piece of advice, what would you say?
A:  I would show them the best way to eat pizza.

24.  If you could time travel, where would you go?  What would you change?
A:  I would go back to the dinosaurs and tell them they are all going to die.

25.  What is something you know how to do that you could teach others?
A:  Teach grownups how to play hide and seek; you guys are terrible at it.

26.  What will you be doing in 10 years?
A:  Drinking coffee

27.  What's the most important decision you will have to make in your life?
A:  Where to live; there's so many houses.

28.  If you could only eat one food for an entire year, what would you choose?
A:  pizza

29.  If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
A:  flying

30.  What is the best thing that's ever happened to you?  What is the worst?
A:  The best is being a sister.  The worst is having to pee so bad when I get off the bus because I don't pee at school!  The bathrooms are disgusting!  Nobody flushes!

31.  If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
A:  Having a mine for diamonds and gold, to go to Disney, and that nobody ever gets sick

32.  What are you the most proud of?
A:  being friendly

33.  Who in your class seems sad?
A:  [not sharing her answer]

34.  Who do you admire?  Why?
A:  Meghan, because she's always so good.

35.  What is something you've always wanted to ask me?
A:  about true love

36.  If you could switch places with one family member for a day who would it be?
A:  Jack [2 year old brother]

37.  What are the 3 most important qualities in a friend?
A:  nice, funny, playful

38.  What's the funniest thing somebody did or said today?
A:  A girl at t-ball gave me a rock from her pocket.

39.  Besides your teacher, who is somebody in class you could learn from?
A:  Ruby

40.  Who in your class is special?
A:  Max [her crush]

41.  What is the most important job in the world?
A:  daddy's job

42.  If you could create one law that everybody on Earth had to follow, what would it be?
A:  have more fun

43.  If you could go anywhere in the world to complete a good deed where would you go and what would you do?
A:  everywhere, to clean up the trash

44.  What will the world be like in 10 years?  What would be the same?  What would be different?
A:  I have no idea; I'm just a kid.

45.  Is it possible to help somebody you've never met?
A:  yes, I give my dollars to church

46.  If you could live in another country for 1 years, where would you live?
A:  paradise; somewhere hot with a beach

47.  Is it better to have too much of something or not enough of something?
A:  seriously mom?

48:  Who is the most important person in the world?
A:  my mommy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment